About the Office




Legal Terms



Contact Us


Q. Where is the Madison County State's Attorney's Office located and what are the office hours?

A. The Madison County State's Attorney's Office is located in the Madison County Administration Building in Edwardsville.

Office of the Madison County State's Attorney
County Administration Building
157 North Main Street, Suite 402
Edwardsville, IL 62025
(618) 692-6280
Fax: (618) 656-7312
Office hours are from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).


Q. I have an order to appear in court. Where can I find the address of the courthouse in which I am supposed to appear?

Madison County Courthouse
155 N. Main Street
Edwardsville, IL 62025
(618) 692-6240


      Granite City Courthouse
2000 Edison Ave.
Granite City, IL 62040
(618) 877-4171

Madison County
Criminal Justice Center

509 Ramey St.
Edwardsville, IL 62025
(618) 692-8932


  Alton Courthouse
Alton Law Enforcement Center

1700 E. Broadway
Alton, IL 62002
(618) 465-8808

Collinsville Courthouse
Collinsville City Hall

125 South Center St.
Collinsville, IL 62234
(618) 344-3376



Q. I am concerned with whether I should file charges against someone. Who should I call to discuss the details?

A. You should call your local police department.

Q. Who should I contact if I have a complaint about a business or if I have a complaint as a consumer?

A. You should call the Attorney General's Office at (800) 243-0618.

Q. Who should I call if I have a complaint about a local policing agency?

A. You should contact the immediate supervisor of the agency, the mayor of the city or the Illinois State Police, as the State's Attorney's Office has no jurisdiction over police agencies.

Q. I am a local merchant and have been passed bad checks by one of my customers. Can the State's Attorney's Office help?

A. If you or your company has received a bad check, please contact the State's Attorney's Bad Check Restitution Program at (800) 747-7921 to determine if the bad check meets all eligibility guidelines. Click here for more information about our Bad Check Restitution program and how we can help.

Q. I need the assistance of an attorney. Can the State's Attorney's Office recommend someone?

A. If you are looking for a referral for an attorney, please call (217) 525-5297, as the State's Attorney's Office cannot give referrals.

Q. Where can I get information about a specific case?

A. If you are interested in getting information on a case (e.g., traffic, misdemeanor, felony, etc.) call the Circuit Clerk's Office at 692-6240 or you can go the Courthouse and look it up on the computers supplied on the first floor.



About the Office | Programs | For Victims | Media | FAQs | Legal Terms | Employment | Links | Contact Us

Copyright © 2006+ Madison County State's Attorney's Office. All rights reserved.